By: Brandi Clymer
We know that it’s confusing, but there are actually some really good reasons! The primary reason you still need to keep Abra Suite around is that there is not an equivalent to the Abra Suite tables in HRMS. Thus, there is no way for us to convert your past W2s, 941s, 940s, or other forms into Sage HRMS. To keep access to those important forms, CS3 recommends one of the following choices:
- 1. Recommended: Install Abra Suite on your new HRMS server to make it available to end users for lookup of historical items. Eventually a new
version of Windows will come out that Abra Suite will not work on, but we will keep an eye on this and let you know once this becomes an issue.
- 2. Print all documents you want to save to a PDF file and save in a shared folder for users.
- 1. There are old codes used in previous years that will require additional setup and create clutter in Sage HRMS.
- 2. Many times edits were done for W-2 purposes that did not include the pay history table in Abra Suite which means the pay history data does
not balance with the W2s.
- 3. The additional years of history increase the size of your payroll history database. Hard drive space is cheap but no need in filling up the
database any earlier than would happen normally. This can eventually slow the system processing, backups and other time consuming functions.
- 4. Having the original source data available for any audits is preferable to converted data. Once the statute of limitations on tax filings expire,
you will most likely be able to shut the system down.