By: Scott Kroh
The guest speaker for this month’s chapter meeting of the MGMA Eastern Oklahoma was Emily Nelson, VP of Member Experience for Agility Recovery based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Agility Recovery provides business continuity solutions which include office space, power, communications and computer systems. Emily has been with Agility for 10 years and leads a group supporting 21,000 + members.
Emily’s presentation focused on questions that determine a company or organizations business continuity readiness. Here are some tips from Agility Recovery for putting a business continuity plan in place.
- Rate your Risk – Self evaluate your readiness for a disaster or use a Preparedness Evaluation from a vendor of choice.
- Develop a Crisis Communication Plan – What will you do for company communications in the event that phone systems are down?
- Build a Disaster Recovery Kit – First aid, tools, Flash lights
- Create an Emergency Wallet Card – Numbers and names that you will need during an emergency
- Check Your Back-Up Power Supply – Generator? Power supply for servers, network equipment and computers? Batteries for flashlights and tools?
- Download Recovery Apps–
NOAA Now App, Red Cross First Aid App and FEMA App
- Determine Evacuation Routes – See guidelines provided by Ready.gov
- Test Your Plan
The next meeting of the MGMA Eastern Oklahoma Chapter is scheduled at 11:30am on March 18, 2015 and will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa located at 4518 East Skelly Drive, Tulsa, OK 74135. Register Here!