Being the Queen of Fun has been a blast, although it challenges my creativity on a regular basis. Much research has shown that opening the creative floodgates whether personally or professionally, requires one to embrace change and bust through any barriers to creative thinking and creative living. Ironically, when asked, most people say they are open to change. Hogwash! I challenge each of you to take just one of the following items per month, and try to accomplish it. Seems pretty easy when you read through the list, given you have one month for each one. My guess is that you will soon learn that you aren't as adaptable, flexible or open to change as you may think you are. The goal of this challenge is to move from a level of anxiety or stress around change to actually enjoying it. Once you start enjoying it, you will seek out other ways to be creative, do something different, and keep things fresh and fun. Good luck!
· Change all your car radio stations and listen to them. No going
· Take a different route to and from work
· Change one thing about your daily routine
· Change something significant about your appearance...are
Mohawks OK if you are over 40?
· Start a new hobby, something outside your comfort zone
· Take a class in something irrelevant
· Get to know some quirky people
· Join an organization that wouldn't want you
· Subscribe to an offbeat publication
Christine Luttrell - Queen of Fun
Sr. Dallas Sales Constultant
2010 DallasHR President